Now that's more like it!
Making tight stitches can really wear on my hooking hand... so to make my smaller crochet hooks more comfortable, I have started to mold polymer clay into a handle grip. This method is ideal because I can increase the diameter of the handle to the size and shape that feels most comfortable and make it more eye catching... transforming any old hook into a hook made just for me... ergonomic... just the right look and fit.
If you want to give this a try here is what to do...
- preheat oven to 275 °F (135 °C)
- work the polymer clay (I use Sculpey III) until it is soft
- mold the clay around the handle of your crochet hook into a shape that fits your hand the best
- place hook on an oven-safe glass dish and bake 15 minutes for every 0.25" (~6mm) of clay
- remove from oven and allow to cool
- enjoy the comfiness and crochet to your heart's content