22 March 2010

hello spring break...

aahhhh... spring break!  I only have a few school-related tasks to do this week (grading...), but otherwise I am free!  I have big plans for the break... especially for my crafting and blog... but I will be sure to be a bum for at least a little while.  First thing tomorrow (oh.. it is after midnight, so I guess today) I will roast and brew some fresh coffee and get started...

I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks.  I am a bit weary of buying yarn online without ever seeing and feeling it, but I decided to give it a shot because of the price and selection of colors.  I ordered these fingering weight, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool yarns...

Bison Verdant Heather Camel Heather
Oyster Heather Turmeric Bittersweet Heather

for use with... my loom!

my weaving loom (DSC02766)

My mom and dad gave me this loom for Christmas.  I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet, but I am so excited to try something new.  A few years ago, during the Earth Week events at my university, I bought a woven scarf made in Bolivia from alpaca fiber.  I absolutely love the woven look... and I wear the scarf all the time.  So when my mom and dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I asked for the loom.  My mom searched everywhere for one, but every time she asked a salesperson if they carried it or something similar, they looked at her like she had three eyes or something (I certainly know that look... when I was looking for squeakies to put in dog toys a while back). They finally had to go to the internet to buy it... so wonderful to go through all that trouble just to get me a Christmas present.  I do love my family.   :)   Maybe the yarn will get here before spring break is over so I can attempt to weave a scarf!

So I have made a goal for my spring break... to launch my Etsy shop.  Fingers crossed... hope I can make it.  Here is a close-up of what I am currently working on...

close-up... (DSC02760)

night! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

what is on your mind...